PLAY ON! Taking this step helps us defeat boredom and gloom.
Your STRONG Challenge continues by rediscovering Play! Research affirms that we are STRONGER when we are having fun; remember the number of times in a day you laughed as a kid? Remember feeling invincible? What about now?
This week we will add to our fitness goals two tall servings of fun. We were designed to smile, laugh, and joke. Rediscovering your joy will add to your foundation of strength. You were made to PLAY!
Your Week 2 Motivation
STRONG Activities for Week 2
Carry on with making Play a GOAL! Keep moving 20 minutes a day and participating in physical fitness activities. Add 2 PLAY ideas to get you laughing and enjoying more. PLAY is how we’ll fight this week; how we’ll get STRONG.
- Family Race
At the Y
- Cornhole Tournament
- Swim at the Y
- Play A Sport Together (Volleyball, Football, Soccer, etc.)
- Walk/Run laps around the track
- Play Racquetball
- Play Pickleball (At the YMCA M-W-F from 9-11 a.m. and Wed. 7-9 p.m.)
- Attend a Group Exercise Class (Zumba can be for 11 and older)
At Home (With Family)
- Family Game Night
- Disconnect Night (Board games with no electronics)
- Wii Night
- Family Cooking
- Movie Night (Prepare snacks together)
- Ride bikes
- Play catch
- Play outside as a family for 20 minutes
- Family Theatre Night: Write a script together as a family and act it out
- Make Cards for neighbors
- Create a scavenger hunt
- Family Art
- 15 Family Game Night Ideas
- Random Family Party: Celebrate the day as a family as if it was someone’s birthday
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification and help with enrollment. By signing up for this Challenge, you will receive three (3) emails or texts per week for six weeks. You may unsubscribe at any time.